Since being established in 1995, our preschool has earned a reputation of excellence, inspiring the growth of young hearts, minds and spirits. Everyday our preschoolers make extraordinary strides in their faith, academic and social development. Our curriculum acts as the perfect springboard into SASEAS elementary school. Students will enter kindergarten well prepared and with great comfort and confidence as they walk through familiar halls with their family of peers.
Tours can be scheduled Monday-Friday. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing during your tour. Thank you!
Welcome! I had such a wonderful time meeting all of you on our Orientation Days last week. We are very excited to begin a new school year. In this newsletter I will review some of the policies regarding COVID-19, Arrival/Dismissal, Book bags, and Class parties. The Parent Handbook that was emailed to you in July can also clarify any questions you may have regarding school policies. If you’ve misplaced the email, the handbook can be found on our Preschool Website, www.setonpreschool.org. We have been reviewing the orientation forms that were completed last week and if any further information is needed, we will send a note home in your child’s book-bag.
1. Illness and COVID: Our goal is to keep all our preschoolers safe and healthy during this school year. Please keep your child home from school, consult your healthcare provider, and consider getting your child tested for COVID-19 if they are exhibiting any 2 of the following symptoms:
Fever (over 100 degrees Fahrenheit) or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
Loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Exclusion of an ill student until a diagnosis is made is essential to keep COVID-19 infections out of the preschool classroom. Because we don’t socially distance and masking is optional, a positive case of COVID in a class will result in the entire class being quarantined for 10 days. If a preschooler is obviously not feeling well, we will call the parent to come and pick them up.
2. Arrival/Dismissal: For the start of the school year we will proceed with Car Lines. All morning drop offs will be behind the school and around by the gray double doors next to the gym. There are staggered drop off times for each class to help alleviate long waits. Refer to the updated Preschool Handbook on our preschool website (www.setonpreschool.org) to find your drop off time.
Pick up from morning the session will occur at the front preschool doors for Mrs. Alison’s and Mrs. Wendy’s classes, and at the back gray doors for all 3-year-old classes and Mrs. Kate’s and Mrs. Sheila’s classes. If you arrive for pick up after 11:30, please come to the front preschool doors to pick up your child because the elementary school will be using the playground at that time.
The afternoon arrival car line will be at the front doors of the preschool and all afternoon pickup will be at the back of the school by the cafeteria. Please enter the driveway off of Linden Creek Drive for afternoon dismissal.
3. School Security: The preschool doors will remain locked at all times. If you need to enter the preschool during school hours ring the doorbell next to the front blue preschool doors, and I will buzz you in.
4. Book-Bags: Please do not send toys in your child’s book bag. Your child’s book-bag is an important part of our communication system. The assistants only check the Main or Largest book bag compartment, (some book bags can have several compartments and we do not go through every one) so please put any school related notes, tuition, etc. in the largest compartment, and we will do the same. Check your child’s book-bag after each school day for newsletters, schoolwork, forms, etc. In turn, we will check the book-bag at the beginning of class for any notes, etc.
5. Identification: Make sure your child’s name is on their book-bag. Also put names on lunch boxes, coats, hats, mittens, and any other items of clothing or personal items. Children have a hard time remembering if a book-bag or a jacket is theirs, so please make sure all your child’s clothing and personal items have their name on them.
6. Classroom Parties: Please remember that only the parents who signed up to help with the classroom parties during your school orientation day are permitted to attend/work the parties. No siblings are allowed to attend classroom parties. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the preschool office.
7. Teacher Notes: If you need to talk to a teacher about your child, please send a note in your child’s book-bag requesting a conference or a phone call by the teacher. You could also send them an email. We’d prefer that you not attempt to talk to your child’s teacher during pick-up/drop-off time because the teacher and assistant need to be responsible for the arrival and dismissal of their class.
Thank you for your cooperation on the above matters. One of our main purposes at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Preschool is to make this school year an enjoyable, memorable, and safe one for both you and your child.
We are looking forward to a very fun and exciting school year!
God Bless you and your families,
If you have questions about the opportunities available to you in our programs, feel free to send us a message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
5900 Buckwheat Road, Milford, Ohio 45150, United States
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed